In this video, you can revisit the work, discussions and projects that took place in The Academy, during the opening week of the Oslo Architecture Triennale 2016: After Belonging.
The Academy was organized in collaboration with the Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO), and was part of the After Belonging Core Program. It brought schools from around the world together in a global dialogue and knowledge-sharing experiment, reflecting on various issues related to the topics of the Triennale.
It focused on Oslo’s neighbourhoods of Tøyen and Grønland as arenas for the discussion of contemporary spaces of residence, including housing policies, homeownership, rapid gentrification, cohabitation, and the adaptation of the existing stock of housing for new inhabitants.
The Academy projects the concerns of the Triennale into the future by introducing long-lasting academic conversations, and collaborations between multiple universities around the world, which will hopefully have an impact in architectural education and practices.
The participating institutions were:
- Architectural Associaiton School of Architecture (AA), London, United Kingdom.
- School of Architecture and Design (SADE) - Ardhi University, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Bergen School of Architecture - Bergen Arkitekthøgskole (BAS), Bergen, Norway
- CLUSTER - Cairo Lab for Urban Studies, Training and Environmental Research, Cairo, Egypt
- École s'architecture de la ville & des territoires à Marne-la-Vallée, Paris, France
- Istituto Universitario di Architettura di Venezia (IUAV), Venice, Italy
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden
- The Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building at University of Technology Sydney (UtS), Sydney, Australia
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), Hong Kong
- The Oslo National Academy of the Arts (KHiO), Oslo, Norway
- The Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO), Oslo, Norway
- School of Architecture Urban Planning and Construction Engineering, Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI), Milan, Italy
- Architectural Construction Department, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- Faculty of Engineering and Architecture at University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium