On Friday September 09, OAT hosts its international Conference After Belonging in the Oslo Opera House. The Conference is part of the core program of the triennale, which designs the objects, spaces, and territories for a transforming condition of belonging.
What is architecture’s role in the contemporary reconfiguration of belonging? How has this process transformed the notion of residence? What are the spatial, technical, and sociopolitical consequences of this transformation?
The After Belonging Conference will bring together architects, thinkers, decision-makers, and local experts in order to dissect the architectures entangled in the contemporary reconfiguration of belonging. Among other topics, it will address architecture’s relation to current pressing questions such as refugeeism, migration and homelessness; new mediated forms of domesticity and foreignness; environmental displacements; tourism; and the technologies and economies of sharing.
We are proud to announce the list of speakers so far confirmed to join the conference:
– Amale Andraos, Columbia GSAPP / WORKac
– Yoshiharu Tsukamoto og Momoyo Kaijima, Atelier Bow Wow
– Negar Azimi, Bidoun
– Simen Svale Skogsrud og Even Westvang, Bengler
– Gro Bonesmo, Space Group / AHO
– Grete Brochmann, UiO
– Per Heggenes, IKEA Foundation
– Juan Herreros, Madrid School of Architecture og Columbia GSAPP
– Thomas Hylland Eriksen, UiO
– Yasmeen Lari, Heritage Foundation
– Reinhold Martin, Columbia GSAPP
– Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli, OMA
– Territorial Agency, ved John Palmesino og Ann-Sofi Rönnskog
– Yashar Hanstad og Andreas G. Gjertsen, TYIN Tegnestue
– Eyal Weizman, Goldsmiths University of London og Princeton University
More speakers and schedule will be announced soon.
To find out more about the speakers and book tickets for the conference, click here.